Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Constitution


For about a year now I have been fretting about how I have to take this exam at school= the 'Constitution Exam.' It is a big multiple choice test = 125 questions, taken from the high school AP curriculum, and everyone who has had to prepare for it has been a little apprehensive. The test is to be sure we know enough to teach, and is about the development of the constitution, the institutions of government, and policy issues. I didn't spend a lot of time studying political science during my degree, and I haven't had a lot of extra time for this extra requirement, so I felt daunted. I tried the test last week and was just shy of a passing grade, so I had to retake it this week. I prayed hard and my roommate wished me well as I left to go take it. I was a lot more confident the second time, having studied a little more. The teacher who graded it called me as I drove home...

I passed the test with flying colors! Yay! What a relief to have that done. and I even learned a little more about how US laws are passed, how the government works, and about specific monumental court cases: Roe v Wade, Tinker v DesMoines. Maybe I can give informative answers to the questions my students will have! There is so much rich history in our country and I am excited that I am more familiar with it!

3 comments:

Coleen said...

Way to go Linds! Now I think all of us Canaricans should get together and have you and the American lawyers in the family teach us US Constitution and Grandpa Young and the Canadian lawyers teach us the Canadian side. Let's do it :)

Eileen Young said...

Good to hear from you, LiNds -just a little more study brings fantastic results. Congratulations
Grannie

Grampa said...

Congrats, Linds. You have applied the principles of the restoration - preparation, faith, and prayer. Nice work.