Monday, October 19, 2009

Minor Panic ATTACK!

I had one this morning on the way to work. I was thinking about how I had to go from work to a Dr's appt to a meeting about student teaching to class and then to another class... it made me nervous just thinking about it! I called Mom as I was driving and vented for a sec. (Thankfully she was available to chat, although her day was already in full swing, and she even offered some calming words :) ) She reminded me I like being busy, and as we chatted more I quoted a little saying I'd recently come across in my quote book: 'If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough!' Mario Andretti. Mom mentioned that this was your Senior yearbook quote, Rach! That made me smile too because I realized I'm not alone in having high goals and trying to make them happen. I like being busy even if it means an insane day here or there. Anyway, thanks you two!!

4 comments:

2x2momma said...

Hang in there Linds! You can do it!

Coleen said...

Oh and i have a few other ideas on how to deal with panic attacks. All of them involve chocolate.

C.J. Schneider said...

Wasn't Mario Andretti a race car driver? Isn't race car driving kind of dangerous?

Eileen Young said...

I can identify with you. I once was the victim of panic attacks - not so pleasant. How lucky to have mom's listening ear and I may add 'an understanding heart'.
Love you
Grannie