Sunday, February 28, 2010

GOLD BABY!!!!!!


OK I need to add to the discussion of how sweet it is to win the gold. This is the moment I have been waiting for since the Oilers lost the Stanley Cup Finals in 06. The intensity and the nerve wrecking that comes from watching hockey in the Olympics or the playoffs when the Oilers are good just does not compare. I like to think that I have done high adrenalin, nerve wrecking activities but I honestly don't know if anything compares to the last few minutes of regulation that occurred during the game. If anything does compare I would love to know what it is the heart palpitations, the blood surging through your veins, the stress the anxiety, the feeling of going through an emotional roller coaster. It is just awesome March Madness, NBA, baseball, not even football compares. I am proud to be Canadian

2 comments:

Coleen said...

Like I mentioned in an earlier comment, Dad and I couldn't handle the intensity and nerve wracking stress (guess it's our age?) and so took a break by turning off the TV. Even though we missed the winning goal at least we got our heart rate down to normal!
And you're right Beej there's no more intense experience than watching Canada play for Olympic gold in overtime.

Grampa said...

I'm predicting this game will rank right up there with Paul Henderson in 1972