Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Student Teaching


I have started student teaching at an awesome school here in LA. This is my fifth week and it's the best! The population is primarily Latino and the class is a bright third grade class with an extremely talented master teacher as my mentor. I love it. I incorporate Spanish words when I teach, with help from my spanish speaking BF Spencer, and I have especially enjoyed teaching them Reading. It's fun to talk about the stories we read, predict what we think will happen, and read dramatically!

Today there was a wonderful display of the artwork from the students around the school. It's a privilege to be at this school and teach these kids.

5 comments:

mrpuente said...

I think we're at the point where you can just refer to him as Spencer. Unless you just really like reminding us of the fact that you have a boyfriend!

Coleen said...

I bet Linds just wants to make sure that we don't get this Spencer confused with Eliot's daddy, right Linds :)
Glad to hear that your speech and drama training is being put to such good use in the classroom!

Nenzie said...

I'm glad you are teaching your students how to read dramatically - they will learn so much more than just reading monotone. You're doing great & I'm glad you are excited about your soon-to-be new career. Teaching is the best!!
Grannie

Grampa said...

Love the artwork. You have some very talented students. Teaching is a challenging but rewarding career. You can make the world a better place!

C.J. Schneider said...

Of course you would be the best teacher ever. I remember my third grade teacher...Miss...Ok I can't remember her name but she had red hair and was too grumpy. That's what I remember.