Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Yule Ball




Last night there was a preference dance here- Harry Potter themed! Harry Potter is still one of my favorite series ever so I was excited to hear about it. Sydney and I decided to go kind of last minute, but luckily we still managed to get ourselves some dates. We asked them by writing Hogwarts-style letters, complete with green ink, and we got our response the next night via owl post. Our only problem then was coming up with costumes, but I think we managed to do rather well for ourselves. I hope you can guess who we are! The dance itself was a lot of fun too. We definitely dressed up a lot more than our dates, but we didn't mind! It was fun to get to know my date Alex, who is one of my friend Spencer's roommates. I discovered that we actually have quite a bit in common. Sydney asked Chris, another one of Spencer's roommates, so that we could go on a double date. I'll keep in mind for next time that preference dances here can actually be quite fun!

2 comments:

Coleen said...

Wow!! You two had to have won some kind of prize fer sure!
I have the inside scoop on the costumes so I'd be cheating if I said who you are, but if you could add a couple extra props, etc, would Syd have a crystal ball and Rach would you have a tattoo?

Eileen Young said...

Thanx for the post - now I am in the 'know' what you girls are up to. You are ingenius - I'm glad you had fun & hope your dates did too.
Love to you both-
Grannie