Sunday, February 28, 2010

Golden Goal Redemption

584-canada-team-celeb.jpg


Well I won't need an elixir for the pain because canada won the gold! The only scenario Canada wanted. In fact I think Ill need something to stop the excitement. I was only able to see overtime because of church and having to stay afterward. I had been checking the score constantly on my phone and was not too surprised to see the score was tied after 3 periods, because I think Canada dodged a bullet in a similar situation against Slovakia. I thought they will just need overtime. I ran back to my apartment to see no one else was home! All my roommates were at a "break the fast" our ward was having at another apartment. I knew right then since no one else is watching this game with me, it is destiny that Canada wins. Canada had some good chances, the US were just taking some pot shots. Canada is getting the pressure. Then Crosby skates in, Miller steers it into the corner, give and go Iginla to Crosby, quick shot, GOAL and GOLD. I was jumping up and down, I then went over to the apartment where they were having break the fast. I was surprised people knew that Canada had won when I got there. I was surprised quite a few had watched some of the game. Canada played big brother to the Americans. Some sports analysts were saying that it was a close game and it looked like the US were going to win it, they just don't know how to lose I guess. All they have to do is just look at the dejected faces of the American players after the game and Miller being on the verge of breaking down during his post game interview to realize that starting tomorrow all that the world will remember is that Canada won the gold in the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics! Fewer people will remember the US won silver and even fewer will remember that it was a close game. Canada stuck it to the Americans. Way to go Canada! And keep putting together great hockey teams.

2 comments:

2x2momma said...

So exciting! I bet that everyone us there is going nuts!!

Coleen said...

So right Melissa ! People were waving flags and going crazy from coast to coast. Canada ended up winning 14 gold medals - the most ever won by a host country for winter Olympics. Go Canada!