Thursday, May 27, 2010

P and P - ABOUT THE 17th TIME ROUND

Bbc's Pride And Prejudice (1995) All 6 Episodes

Rachel and I had the excellent fortune of viewing - yet again - the masterful A & E version of Pride and Prejudice this week past. I must confess that it is my favorite of all such versions and I too most readily state ... the viewing of such is one of my most sought-after pastimes.
Some fave quotes:
She is tolerable, I suppose, but not handsome enough to tempt me
Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?
I shall never understand why you go through the world determined to be displeased with everything and everyone in it.
And I will never understand why you are always in a rage to approve of everything and everyone that you meet.
Misfortunes, we are told, have been sent to test our fortitude
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.
I count it a one of my Mom achievements that I have sons who've watched this with me, not to mention sons who've invited young ladies over to view :)

3 comments:

Bonnie White said...

I watched Becoming Jane tonight with my Mother. So much I didn't know about this woman. I want to reread them all again.

C.J. Schneider said...

I think I need to watch that again...I'm missing the UK...

woozie said...

It really is one of my favorites! I never tire of watching it!