Sunday, May 30, 2010

World Cup 2010


After looking at Rico's post earlier in the month it reminded me of this idea that I had earlier that we should do for this upcoming World Cup - a Schneider family world cup pool.
Basically everyone would make their predictions for who is going to advance in the world cup and we could get points for each round as the tournament progresses. I could make up a fairly simple system in the next week or so and have already spoken to mom and dad about the possibility of giving a wee prize out to the winner. And in case people are wondering how I came up with the idea, someone at my college in Oxford did it for the 2006 world cup and I thought it was a pretty good idea. It was also after the first game when we were living in Southampton for the last world cup that both Char and I really got into the world cup and were cheering for England because the entire country is totally mezmerized during the England matches ... we'll never forget the time that we saw England play against Portugal in the knock-out round in 2006. We were travelling through Cornwall at the time and drove to this small, very remote village pub which was packed with die-hard England fans, despite being in the middle of nowhere. England ended up losing that game and everyone in the pub was devastated but it was a moment we'll always remember.
So for 2010 in order to still get a bit of flavour for the world cup both for Char, me and the rest of the family (although I guess Rico will be following regardless) I think it would be good to have a world cup pool this year, more details to follow.

4 comments:

2x2momma said...

I'm always up for a good bit of fun. Count us in.

Coleen said...

I'm in too!

beej11 said...

I'm definitely in I love the World Cup!

LiNds said...

Sounds great! LOVE it!