Thursday, November 25, 2010

Nephews



So Lindsays wedding was so much fun. It was great to see Lindsay and Spencer so happy. Among other things I enjoyed seeing the LA nephews again. Ian and Melissa have taught them well because luckily they all still remembered who I was. It is tough to match their energy and excitement to play.

One of my favorite moments which I unfortunately was not able to get on camera was, during the dance, when Jack kept playing and running away with a little toy soccer ball that Oliver really wanted. Oliver would chase him and chase him and politely (and then sometimes not so politely) try to take the ball from Jack who was not willing to share. In one such chase Jack came running towards me with his arms open so as to avoid his pursuer. I scooped him up and asked him if he would be willing to give his ball to Oliver he looked like he was thinking about it when his eyes lit up a little bit and he pointed and said "there's a ball" implying that Oliver should get that ball. I turned around to see what he was pointing at as I noticed the giant silver disco ball that the DJ had set up for the dance. I turned back around to face Jack now smiling and had a good hard laugh. Luckily the send off of the bride and groom began soon afterwards and the soccer ball was forgotten. I've included a picture of the LA nephews from the summer that I took but will try to add another one soon that shows Caleb and Julian's new cool surfer dude cuts and Jack and Christian's expanding curly locks.

2 comments:

Eileen Young said...

i, too, want to say how much we enjoyed the wedding. The Temple sealing was very spiritual. The reception first class. Wonderful food, friendly guests, great MC, Cute ringbearers, & the Schneider men did a spectacular "rap", classy violin & cello numbers. Lovely bride, handsome groom, who could ask for more?
Love to all
Grannie

Grampa said...

Jack is certainly a high energy guy. I really enjoyed seeing him interact with all the cousins. At the mrunch, Jack and Christian were arguing rather forcefully in their unique language.