Monday, February 7, 2011

1 Peter 1



I really liked these lines from our reading today:

For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

I like being reminded that death could be just around the corner...it keeps me on my toes.
I too like "the glory of man...falleth away"

After reading the account of Christ's life in Mark I was kind of amazed to be reminded that the most perfect man that lived on earth was criticized and condemned by his fellowmen. It's just so bizarre how people can get goodness so mixed up in their heads, maybe because they've just forgotten about their hearts.

2 comments:

mrpuente said...

Thanks for the comment Charla. I've fallen totally in love with both James and 1 Peter.

2x2momma said...

Thanks for sharing. In my SS lesson on Sunday we talked about how tragic it was that the Israelites missed the Savior. We even read about how they criticized him for healing on the Sabbath. They acknowledged his miracles but not who he was. It's hard to keep our minds and hearts open to experiences outside of the mindset we're expecting...