Sunday, February 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Spencer

1. How old are you turning this year? 29

2. What is your favorite food? Gnocchi, the Italian pasta dish that’s potato-based

3. What is your most frequently purchased grocery item? Mine? Probably chicken; Lindsay does most of the grocery shopping.

4. What is your bedtime routine like? Get into my Simpsons pajama bottoms, brush my teeth, occasionally use some mouthwash, say family and personal prayers, go to sleep.

5. What are three things you absolutely have to do every day? Take a shower, one productive thing (work, household, etc.) and one fun thing

6. What do you listen to most? Probably Lindsay

7. What’s one skill you wish you had? Hands-on car engine knowledge

8. What skill are you most proud of? Financial knowledge

9. If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go? Easter Island

10. What is your favorite place you’ve been? Southern Chile

11. What are three of your favorite books? Brave New World, Bringing Down the House and Debt of Honor

12. If you had to buy any magazine what would it be? Time

13. What is one thing that gets on your nerves? Lingering water in the ears

14. What is your favorite sport to watch or play? American football, though English football is a close second

15. What do you love to do when you have nothing to do? Watch the Simpsons so I can show Lindsay just what she’s been missing

16. What are three things you wish you had? Compete financial security, unlimited energy, secret superpowers

17. What is your favorite treat? Peanut butter bars with chocolate on top

18. What are a few things you hope to accomplish or learn this year? Complete my Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor certification classes (can’t get the certification yet due to work experience requirement), maintain a steady exercise program

19. What are your favorite things to watch (tv show/movie)? The Simpsons, The Office (US version), Seinfeld

20. What are your three most visited websites (besides facebook/email)? espn.com, cnn.com, fantasysports.yahoo.com (my fantasy basketball league with the Brethren)

11 comments:

LiNds said...

Happy Birthday, my love! I am so glad that you joined our family =) How great that we have as much time to talk as we do... haha... I feel so spoiled and love sharing EVERYTHING with you (thanks for listening ;) Love you!

Coleen said...

Happy Birthday Spencer!! Thank you for being such a wonderful husband to Lindsay Loo.
29 was my favorite birthday - so much so that I had it for several years after.
I didn't know you've been to southern Chile. Would love to hear more about that - it's on my list of top places to visit.

woozie said...

Happy Birthday Spencer!!! Hope it's an awesome day for you. I think it's great that you listen to Lindsay the most haha. I like gnocchi too, although I haven't had it often, so you'll have to point me in the right direction for good gnocchi sometime. Happy birthday again!!

2x2momma said...

Happy Birthday! Interested to know why Easter Island. Now Im also craving peanut butter and chocolate. Have a good one!

mrpuente said...

Happy birthday, Spencer! I'm also a massive fan of peanut butter and chocolate.

Grampa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SPENCE!!
You have been a wonderful addition to the family and I wish you all the best in the coming years. I commend your ambitious plans for this year. I was a huge Simpsons fan in the beginning, but I haven't been following much lately. I guess it is time to rediscover the show and the reason for its longevity.

Luv, Gramps
P.S. How's the fantasy team doing?

beej11 said...

Hey Spence!

Happy Birthday! Good to hear you do fantasy sports. I do too but for hockey. I hope your oscar party was a success and that you are celebrating your big day in style.

C.J. Schneider said...

So sorry for the late birthday wishes. I have this great memory of you when we were on the cruise and my kids were being noisy and crazy. Some people walked by and said to themselves (but loud enough for us to hear) "That's why I'd never bring kids on a cruise" And I remember it seemed as though you held you head up high as you said to me "I don't care what they said." and you confidently marched on ahead towards the kids.
You're your own man Spence. Quality.
Hope your birthday was wonderful.

Rico said...

Happy Birthday Spencer. Sorry for the tardiness. Thats cool that your favorite place you've been to is southern Chile. I really want to go there since all the santiaguinos that have been there talk about it being the best place.

Eileen Young said...

A belated birthday greeting, Spence.
I've got you in my calendar now so I'll not have to be belated next year!
Love'
Grannie

Spence said...

@Coleen: Instead of my parents picking me up in July (winter there), we went back for New Year's and visited the south as well.

@Wooz: Homemade, always the best!

@Melissa: The moai (the statues) there fascinated me as a teen, plus since Easter Island is Chilean territory, I had a stronger connection to it from my mission.

@Gramps: 1st place, playoffs starting soon.

@Everone Else: Thanks so much, I'm glad to be in the family!