Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Return to Wapta


So for reading week I have done very little reading and the motivation to do well in law school has all but disappeared. What HASN'T changed is my insatiable desire to go out to the mountains. Last year i went out with two friends up to the Wapta Ice Fields. A massive cluster of glaciers that span hundreds and hundreds of square kilometers in an open barren desolate wasteland of snow and ice. Skiing on glaciers is exhilarating and I'm looking forward to it.

The person who is definitely not looking forward to it at all is Momma. When I joked about how I wanted to purposefully hurl myself into a crevasse so that I could write a book about my survival experience and potentially make some serious $$$$$ she did not think it was funny ...... at all.

I did look at the forecast and it is going to be a cold one for sure. Like super cold which means I may not return but if I had to think about one of the worst ways to go I think it would be freezing to death on a barren desolate wasteland. Also because both of my friends are married I will probably have to lead through the treacherous terrain ..... they have more to live for. But if I could think of one of the best ways to go it would probably be falling into a crevasse (just kidding Mom that is a joke I don't intend to fall into a crevasse).

Anyways, I am going to try to take lots of pictures and video this time around so I hope to share the experience with all you guys.

2 comments:

Coleen said...

I hope to have you share the experiences as well. So just be careful..

2x2momma said...

I think Ian may have had similar death wishes when he was in law school too. It's definitely a bit soul-sucking.