Friday, February 4, 2011

Happy, happy birthday Jordan dear....



1. How old are you turning this year? 32
2. What is your favorite food? Sauerbraten made by Char
3. What is your most frequently purchased grocery item? Three items in what we call our holy trinity of groceries – milk, bread & eggs
4. What is your bedtime routine like? Lie in bed and talk with Char until we’re tired, always hoping I’ve brushed my teeth first while half-dozing off
5. What are three things you absolutely have to do every day? Brush teeth, have a good breakfast and keep sanity
6. What do you listen to most? Questions from an Oliver who is at a very curious stage right now
7. What’s one skill you wish you had? Being handy with house and car repairs
8. What skill are you most proud of? Language skills
9. If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go? Cuba, hopefully while there are still enough interesting Castro-isms to see
10. What is your favorite place you’ve been? Devon and Cornwall (in SW England) during the summertime
11. What are three of your favorite books? Crime and Punishment, East of Eden, A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich
12. If you had to buy any magazine what would it be? The Economist
13. What is one thing that gets on your nerves? two kids whining at the same time over a toy
14. What is your favorite sport to watch or play? Now that we’re back in Canada, I’d say it’s a tie between hockey and soccer
15. What do you love to do when you have nothing to do? If I ever found myself with nothing to do on a Saturday morning (rarely happens though) I would love to sit and watch a Premier League soccer game
16. What are three things you wish you had? A voucher for a round-the-world trip, season tickets for Arsenal and a good family home somewhere in Edmonton with a big backyard for the boys
17. What is your favorite treat? Galette-des-Rois, a dessert recipe that Char got from a Dutch lady when we were in the UK
18. What are a few things you hope to accomplish or learn this year? Cross-country skiing, organize a soccer team with Char, lots of family bike trips
19. What are your favorite things to watch (tv show/movie)? All of it British TV that unfortunately we don’t manage to watch much anymore two comedies – the IT crowd and Mock the Week - and BBC documentaries
20. What are your three most visited websites (besides facebook/email)? tsn.ca, bbc.co.uk, economist.com

10 comments:

mrpuente said...

Happy Birthday Jordan! Glad to have you guys in North America. I also wish I was handier with home repairs. Just bought a new drill and a sawzall, which I've been trying to build some stuff with.

LiNds said...

H a p p y B i r t h d a y, Snej! Yes I LOVED the IT Crowd too when we saw it during our visit. I spread the word - & know of at least one other person who is hooked now as well. Haha! Thanks for reminding me! Love ya!

Coleen said...

So cool to read that the skill you're most proud of is your language skills - and amazing to know that you speak four languages well. I still remember when you were in high school and decided that with a name like Schneider you needed to know German, so you signed yourself up for a community German class and got yourself there in the evenings and just learned it! I wish I knew how to say Happy Birthday in German - but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Rico said...

Happy Birthday Jordan! I'm not surprised that you'd like to watch soccer if you had spare time. You always talk about it.

beej11 said...

Happy Birthday Snej! I think you should add music to your list of talents you appreciate. I think you are able to play a great variety of different instruments well which is something to be proud of. Thanks for coming to Gala and letting Oliver come too.

woozie said...

Happy Birthday Snej!!! You sound so cultured and experienced from all your answers, it's really cool. I like that your favorite food is sauerbraten, when I tried the recipe you guys gave me it was really good! And like you, I wish for an around-the-world ticket voucher as well. I still have a long way to go before I'll be as well-traveled as you though!

Spence said...

Happy B-day Jordan! Though I am curious, why Arsenal? Is there a reason behind that particular team over any other?

2x2momma said...

Happy Birthday! You are an inspiration to me and I love you tons!!
xoxoxoxoxo

Grampa said...

Belated happy birthday, Jord. I was at the hospital last night and their security software wouldn't let me post on blogspot. The family bike rides sound great. I hope you'll invite me to come on some of them with the little pedal pushers. You have a great family, and I hope 32 is the best year yet. HAPPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Luv,
Dad

Snej said...

Thanks everyone for your comments and wishes! Snej