Saturday, January 30, 2010

I AM CANADIAN



I should have brought the camera I know that now. Today Jordan, Oliver and I got all bundled up and headed for the Rocky Mountain House outdoor skating rink. Oliver LOVED it. We didn't put skates on the lad but he shuffled around on the ice with boots taking turns scoring goals with Dado, who was on skates, who was amazing to Oliver. He was so excited he kept shouting for me to come and watch him hit the puck into the net with a really big hockey stick. So proud of himself he said "I'm a hockey player."
I said "Oh, you're a hockey player AND a footballer?"
"No, I'm a hockey player."

Too bad, I was kind of hoping to be a soccer mom rather than a hockey mom but oh well.

I think having had a good skate on an outdoor rink means we are once again proper Canadians. We not only had a clear view of a Tim Hortons from the ice but I also skated past one lady who brought her stroller onto the ice with her wee one in it as she skated behind it. It's good to be back.

3 comments:

LiNds said...

Ah... skating...... I was talking about our backyard rink today.

LiNds said...

And WELCOME BACK!!! it's so good to have you closer to us!!

Grampa said...

What a beautiful sight - old time hockey.