Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What I like about the 00s

There's way too many things I want to post about holiday happenings - walking the island in pajamas on Christmas Day, playing vampire on the Olympic, dark dining with the Whites, watching Rico's and Rach's hoe down on Christmas Eve, jiving with OJ at Salty's, listening to Linds' Christmas present, being blown away by Beej's running abilities, welcoming the Schneiders back to the continent, tea partying with little Oliver and .....just couldn't choose.
So after reading about Char's and Lindsay's favorite things from the last decade, I thought I'd talk about one of mine.
It's skype. I first heard about it from Jordan a few years ago. I didn't think I'd like feeling obligated to brush my hair before I talked to someone, but I've since changed my mind. It's amazing that I can read to Caleb and Julian when they live a few hundred miles away. And see new-born Ben in Scotland and Woozie's new roommate and Rico's storage ideas for his room in Utah. (Inside joke with Rico:)
For our family especially, I think it's great. If you can't live next door to each other, then skype is the next best thing. It's a wonderful way to feel connected. I love it.


3 comments:

2x2momma said...

It's definitely one of my favorites too. We need to Skype with you, Jord and Char!

LiNds said...

And we did! That was so fun, it made my day!

C.J. Schneider said...

Ya, I agree Skype was really handy when we were so far from family.