Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Correct Spelling is R-A-C-Q-U-E-T


I always thought tennis was kind of a silly game - running around like a crazy person after a ball - well I guess that can be said of almost any sport - think basketball, lacrosse, football (I'm using the worldwide definition of the term)
So I can't really say WHY I decided that I should give tennis a try! - maybe it was Rico saying that he wanted to learn or maybe it was hearing friends and Beej say over and over how much fun they had playing- but even that doesn't make sense because I've NEVER wanted to give GOLF a try --- anyways - one day in May I said to myself 'I want to play tennis!' But I didn't want to do it myself, so I talked to Rach, who's always up for something new and said let's do this. We found a teacher and the two of us have had five lessons - would have had more but it's been raining for six straight weeks here! - and even though I'm BAD!! - I have to say - I LOVE this game. I don't even know how to serve yet because I still have to learn how to hit the ball over the net but its still a ton of fun. Thanks Wooz for being my tennis buddy and thanks Oj for not laughing too loud at me . It's my goal to play a real live game by the end of the summer. And win.

4 comments:

Bonnie White said...

I guarantee if you and I play, you will accomplish your goal. Love nothing.

C.J. Schneider said...

I've always thought it would be fun for Jord and I to learn together. Maybe you could give us a lesson sometime?

Eileen Young said...

Wow! Finally Coleen has caught the athlete's bug. Keep it up - you'll enjoy the exercise as well as the camaraderie. I remember taking Jord & Spencer to the tennis courts near our home in Calgary - what fun we had.
Mom

woozie said...

It really is a fun game! Our teacher is very patient with us too of course.