Sunday, June 27, 2010

Mommy Photos






For awhile I've been kind of sad that I don't have very many photos of me and my kids. Since I'm the family photographer I'm not usually in them, and I'm just not very good about asking people to take them. My friend Lindsay is a very talented professional photographer, and also one of my fellow Joy School moms. She's about to move to Australia, so I asked her if we could get together at the park and take photos of each other with our kids. It was really kind of her to agree to it, because she just got a brand new camera that is totally amazing and so our pictures turned out extra special. I was really happy to just have some nice photos, and I couldn't believe how great they turned out! (I think hers turned out pretty good too) and had a lot of fun editing them. I did my entire page for my 'Project Us' week on the photo shoot. I figured it was OK since I'm not in very many of the weeks to have a one with a bunch of photos of me. I will treasure these photos always! It was so fun to get ready for the shoot. I actually got up early and spent all morning ironing and trying on different combinations of outfits on the boys. In the end I decided not to have us matchy, but just wearing a whole bunch of layers with lots of different colours to reflect how different we all are, but in the end I think everything kind of worked together in a colourful, funky way. It's such a fun time of life! Hard, but fun.

Caleb was my little helper. He loves to help me- whatever I"m doing, he wants to do it too. I try to encourage him as much as possible (although sometiems that's hard)

4 comments:

Snej said...

Melissa, you are beautiful. your boys are beautiful. your life is beautiful. it pleases me to see it so.

Coleen said...

Such an inspired idea and such inspired photos too.. Everyone looks soooo happy to be together.

LiNds said...

Meliss you all look absolutely gorgeous. The one of everyone piled in your lap is one of my faves. I love that you always make room for your boys!

Eileen Young said...

Nice to see 'Mommy' and her boys! you look beautiful!Grannie