Tuesday, June 29, 2010

New Couches




We decided, after lots of debating, to recover our couches. It really seemed like an extravagance considering they're probalby going to be trashed again in a couple years, but they were truly disgusting and the expense wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. It makes me soo happy to have nice designs that I love. I've been putting off doing anything to decorate because I feel we're not going to be here long enough, but I'm glad I made the effort. It was stressful at times, driving around trying to find fabric (to give to the upholsterer- I didn't do it!!) and get the best deal- but now that it's over ~I'm glad I dID it. I worked with a pretty funky colour palette, and Lindsay and her artist friend helped me with a beautiful 'painting' that ties things together. Thanks guys!

3 comments:

Bonnie White said...

I love these Melissa - fresh and inviting.

Grampa said...

Looks great, Melis. I like the human figure in the distance so we can get an idea of the scale.

C.J. Schneider said...

I LOVE bright colours in decorating. Your couches look fantastic.