Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Drive from Provo to Los Angeles


So after I finished spring semester at BYU I had to make the drive from Provo to Los Angeles on my own. I had never done the drive before, but I had heard it was about a 10 hour drive. I am pretty used to driving long distances, but the night before I had gotten a pretty bad sleep since school was over and there was no real need to go to bed at a reasonable hour anymore. I was feeling pretty drowsy after just two hours of driving so I pulled over to a rest stop. I realized that the main reason I was getting kind of sleepy was because the drive on I-15 in Utah, looks pretty much like this (look above) as far as the eye can see. But it worked out and the drive got a little more interesting once I got closer to Las Vegas. Nonetheless, it was still fun to see a part of the country I had never seen before and I made it into Ian and Melissa's place without getting lost thanks to the handy iphone. Although I had to talk to myself to stay awake once I was in LA.

3 comments:

Coleen said...

I can't help but laugh at the vision of you talking to yourself Rico :) Thanks for taking the car down to LA for Wooz.

Grampa said...

I think we must have some truck driving genes in the family. We all seem to specialize in long distance solo drives.

C.J. Schneider said...

I used to love long road trips (with the addition of cranky kids in the back seat my love has waned significantly) but I wrote this little poem back in the day to express my love for the road trip.

Wide open highway
Coke in hand
Lazy speeding bliss.