Friday, October 22, 2010

Random Acts of Kindness

I witnessed the coolest random act of kindness the other day when I was walking over to the bridal shop for a dress fitting. It was a regular Wednesday afternoon and I was going from a residential street into a more business-y area. I passed a small group of men gathered around a taco truck visiting together after lunch. As I continued down the street I noticed a man in an SUV trying to exit a parking garage with a really low overhang. It was a tight fit and seemed like a super close call. He wasn't flustered, but he wanted to exit! The parking attendant had come up because it looked like the car wouldn't quite fit through unless the top scraped-

Meanwhile, the people standing at the taco truck nearby noticed the problem too! They came up and in a sort of joking, playful way they asked if they should hop in the back? This all happened so quick. The driver said sure, and the guys opened the doors and all hopped in! The car sank a little- and voila! Problem solved. It was such a funny little situation that I just happened to see.

I had gone on my way by the time it was all taken care of but I really enjoyed witnessing this little miracle because I know that wonderful feeling you get when you're at the right place at the right time and do the right thing. The little stuff that shows kindness: hold a door, rescue a fallen sippy cup, give a smile... and I bet these taco truck customers were feeling good, not just because they had enjoyed hot tacos!

1 comment:

C.J. Schneider said...

Great post Linds. I feel like I always need to be reminded to watch out for others around me. It is such a breath of fresh air to witness (or read about) random acts of kindness.