Sunday, October 10, 2010

Recruiting

So one of my tasks at work the past couple of weeks was to go to Loyola Marymount University and Claremont McKenna College to represent my company at the "Meet the Firms" night for potential hires for students. This was my second year doing it and it was an interesting time.

I remember participating in these kind of events when I was still in school and they scared me to death, mainly because at the time I thought that the success or failure of my entire career depended on how well I performed and socialized during these two hours. While that wasn't the case, I could tell for a few of the students I talked to that they thought the same thing as well. All in all, it was fun to be able to describe some of the highlights about what I do for work to college students who haven't heard of the forensic accounting/bankruptcy work that I do and to see if they'd be a good fit for our group.

2 comments:

Bonnie White said...

Spence
I liked how honest you were about your first interview and how you could recognise that fear in these new recruits. This takes a good deal of compassion and charity. My husband is a forensic accounting with PwC. I will share a funny story with you at your wedding in a few weeks about forensic accountants.

Coleen said...

Sounds like sitting on the other side of the table has its advantages.