Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Melissa

I totally forgot about this until Linds sent an email reminder today (thanks for being on top of it!). It's Ian's turn to post about me but he's swamped- we just entered into escrow on a new house yesterday which he's totally handling plus I'm turning in a huge project this week and next to the church, on top of the usual craziness of having two sets of twins it's been a whirlwind so I know it's unorthodox to wish myself Happy Birthday but for the sake of sanity I'll take something off his plate ;) Love you all!!!

How old are you turning this year? 34
What is your favorite food? I never seem to get tired of roast chicken and fresh strawberry jam
What is your most frequently purchased grocery item? Milk
What is your bedtime routine like? Lately I've been editing for the church a lot at night... I also try to read scriptures on my iphone and plan out the next day
What are three things you absolutely have to do every day? Clean the table from breakfast, read scriptures, kiss the kiddos
What do you listen to most (artist, radio station/program, podcast)? Glee
What’s one skill you wish you had? better cooking prowess
What skill are you most proud of? at this moment-multitasking
If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go? India.
What is your favorite place you’ve been? Italy.
What are three of your favorite books? Pride and Prejudice, Simple Abundance, Little House
If you had to buy any magazine what would it be? I'm not a fan of magazines... I can't remember the last time I physically purchased one, although if I did it would have been on the Royal Wedding
What is one thing that gets on your nerves? Crabiness- in myself and others!
What is your favorite sport to watch or play? Hockey
What do you love to do when you have nothing to do? Family photo arranging, have friends over for dinner
What are three things you wish you had? More time, more space, more dates with Ian ;)
What is your favorite treat? cookie sandwiches
What are a few things you hope to accomplish or learn this year? Get more producing opportunities, get better at parenting, build our new house.
What are your favorite things to watch (tv show/movie)? on tv currently, Modern Family, The Office, Glee
What are your three most visited websites (besides facebook/email)? I'm boring, I never go online except to check email, blog and check on other blogs

11 comments:

Coleen said...

Yay! That's so thoughtful of you to take the pressure off Ian so we can all wish you Happy Birthday!
Even thought Julian says that Edmonton is too cold :) you'll have to come up to Edmonton in the winter so that we can play/watch your favorite sport. Looking forward to seeing your latest editing project!
Happy Happy Birthday!! Love you lots,
Mom

mrpuente said...

I totally dropped the ball on this. I'm so lucky to be married to such a great lady, I love you Melissa! Have a great and happy birthday!

Eileen Young said...

Happy Birthday, Melissa
You look lovely in the photo. You look like you are a lady of 'leisure' You fool us all.
You are special to me in that you are my first grandchild that i held in my arms. You were mouthing something to me that I could not understand but could feel The 'men' in your life are lucky to have you!
Love you
Grannie

woozie said...

Happy birthday Meliss!!! I hope you have an awesome day with the boys. I've always been amazed at your multitasking abilities. You get to use them very often! And India would be an awesome place to visit, I hope you get to go there at some point :)
Love you lots!
xoxo Wooz

Snej said...

Happy Birthday Melissa!! This sounds like such an exciting time for you and the family with the new house. Good luck with the move-in.

Rico said...

Happy birthday Melissa! It's always neat to see you put together some books with photos of the kids. Your love for taking pictures and scrapbooking is second to none

Grampa said...

I feel like this is going to be a wonderful year for you, Melissa. You can multi-task like no one I know, except possibly Mom. I hope you find more time to watch hockey and eat cookie sandwiches. You deserve some time for yourself. Have a fabulous day!

Love,
Dad

C.J. Schneider said...

Melissa, I'm so sorry for the belated birthday wishes - I hope you had a lovely day and I hope this next year of being 34 will be bursting with strawberry jam.
Love, Char.

LiNds said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I'm spoiled in that I got to celebrate with you for a good part of the day! Thanks for being such an awesome Sister. Go dance parties! Love you,
Linds

Spence said...

Glad you got your favorite cake and could enjoy it in the company of others. And I'm glad I got to be a part of it too! Happy bday once more!

beej11 said...

Hey Melissa-

Sorry I'm late with my birthday wishes too but I hope it was a good one and good luck with the move in on the house. I love hearing the stories Mom and Lindsay have about the kids.