Monday, June 20, 2011

Utah Valley Half Marathon


Last Saturday I accomplished something I've been wanting to do for a while. I ran my first half marathon! The course started up in Provo Canyon near Sundance and ended at Provo's Center Street. It was an awesome experience. I love running, and since I don't get to do quite as much of it since high school cross country ended, I do what I can to keep it up. I've never run more than 10 miles before, and I honestly didn't train very well for this race, but I really loved doing it. I hope to do more half marathons in the future, and eventually a marathon. This is a picture I got off the event website of me crossing the finish line. I was pretty dead by the end, the last three miles were killer! My final time was 2:02 and my goal for next time is to get 1:50. I know I'm not the only one in this family who likes running, Ian and Beej have both accomplished half marathons and/or marathons so it would definitely be fun to get a family group going sometime for a race!

1 comment:

mrpuente said...

Well done. Did a mud run a couple of weeks ago (10k) it was a blast. You let me know what event the family is doing and I'm in!