Thursday, September 30, 2010

COOKIE OF THE DECADE


This is a picture of a rolo cookie. It's all alone on the plate. And that's for a reason. No rolo cookie ever ever ever lasts for longer than a few seconds. The only reason this one did is because I needed to take a picture for posterity.
When you bite into a rolo cookie you first bite through a thin layer of crunchy baked sugar, then through layers of soft sweet chocolate dough, and then voila! you discover a squishy yet chewy caramel scrumptiousness that is too luscious to be believed. It's a gooey rolo candy - buried deep in the layers of dough, baked to perfection.
These cookies win the cookie of the decade award. By a long shot.
If you haven't tasted a rolo cookie well then you just haven't lived.

7 comments:

Eileen Young said...

So, where is the recipe?I want to enjoy it too.
Mom

woozie said...

ahhh so good. i just shared the recipe with my old roommate sarah, the word travels quick about how good they are!

LiNds said...

The recipe is found in our very own 'Down The Hatch' publication. They are popular here too! My roommies and fiancee love em and I just passed the recipe to a friend who had us for dinner too!!

mrpuente said...

These are deadly. I curse the day they were introduced into the family! Just kidding, mostly.

mrpuente said...

These are deadly. I curse the day they were introduced into the family! Just kidding, mostly.

Bonnie White said...

I'm with Sister Young - where is the recipe? Chocolate Rolo Chocolate Rolo make me Polo.

C.J. Schneider said...

Ya, I think I need the recipe too. These are heaven.