Thursday, September 30, 2010

Red Right 23 X-Ray Zebra on one. Ready, BREAK!

So yes, Lindsay was right. One of my first post will be about sports. However, this is one where I'm playing rather than merely watching. We recently had our "Homecoming" game where our singles ward (from the Santa Monica Stake) played the singles ward from the Los Angeles Stake. It's a tradition going back to 2002, complete with traveling trophy. It's not as impressive as the Stanley Cup, but it still looks cool.

I was the starting left guard for the team. It's my job to protect the quarterback's blind side (BTW, if you haven't seen the movie The Blind Side I highly recommend you do so). I had a lot of fun. As far as the game, well.....

Since everyone knew this was my last game (as I will shortly be ineligible for a singles ward), I got to hold the trophy for the picture. We won 42-35. Fun times!




2 comments:

Eileen Young said...

Congratulations on winning the game. But i did not recognize you without your goatee!
Grannie

LiNds said...

Yes it took me a minute to get used to as well! Spence played wonderfully, performing some genius blocks and helping us win! It was very fun.