Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Randomness

It didn't happen when Linds and I started to date, it didn't happen when I went up to Edmonton, and it didn't happen when I proposed (and she said yes), but now it's official: I'm part of the family now that I have the power to blog. Yay!

Usually when someone joins a new group, they need to introduce themselves. "Hi, my name is Joe and I'm an alcoholic" or something like that. I figure that's in order here. However, instead of the boring things like where I went to high school, how many siblings I have and what my zodiac sign is, I figure let's go with some random things about me.

1. I have dyed my hair toxic waste orange, bleached blonde and what was supposed to be fire engine red, but faded into pink. No pictures of the pink hair exist. It was for swim team; right before the big state competition, since we're going to shave it all off anyway, you might as well have fun with it. So I did.

2. There is a group of friends that I'm a part of, and we refer to ourselves as The Brethren. All six of us have been friends since high school (10+ years), four of us since middle school (15+ years) and I have been friends with one of them since kindergarten (23 years). And counting.

3. My parents moved to their current house when I was six weeks old and have been there ever since. It's nice to be able to go back to the house you grew up in. And finally....

4. I'm marrying Lindsay. Hopefully everybody already knew this. If not, well, surprise!

5 comments:

C.J. Schneider said...

Welcome to the family!!! We are thrilled for you and Lindsay. Looking forward to seeing you in November and hopefully getting to know even more random facts about yourself. (Impressive proposal by the way)

mrpuente said...

So glad for you and Lindsay. Welcome to the family and the blog.

LiNds said...

Maybe we'll include a pic of you with the toxic waste orange, or bleached blonde hair in the wedding slideshow (if pics of those exist) -opposite my bleached blonde look. I wonder if these looks were when we were the same age...?

Coleen said...

'RANDOM' - ORIGIN from Middle English (in the sense [impetuous headlong rush] ):
from Old French randon ‘great speed,’ from randir ‘gallop'

Looks like 'randomness' means going places fast!
And I think that describes everyone in our family very well-
Welcome to the family Spencer!!

Eileen Young said...

Well, you passed our test when we entertained you at brunch at Hu & Diame's home. Since you asked us to tell you our conversion story - and it is not random. have we passed your test?
Welcome to the family.
Enjoyed your blog.
Grannie